The stars are coming out -- for the Oscars, of course. I always watch them, don’t you? On February 26th, the red carpet will be a glitter and aTwitter as Hollywood’s royalty -- Angelina and Brad, George and Stacy, Meryl and Glenn and Michelle, et. al. process down the red carpet. Keep your eyes peeled for Vanity Fair’s rising stars (the NYPost calls them Oscar’s 11) – Rooney Mara, Mia Wasikowska, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Elizabeth Olsen, Adepero Oduye, Shailene Woodley, Paula Patton, Felicity Jones, Lily Collins, and Brit Marling. Watch out, too, for The Help’s newly-born stars Viola Davis, Emma Stone and Octavia Spencer.
What becomes a film legend and legend-to-be most? Naturally, we think it’s a stunning gown and a knock-‘em-dead accessory -- a bag or bauble or both – from the amazingly talented Clara Kasavina and her sculptor husband and partner, Misha Berger. So here are our picks for the Accessory Academy Awards. The envelope please....
- For best flirty evening bag to wear strolling the Seine at Midnight in Paris – Alexis in blush leather
- For best jeweled minaudiere to take when Hugo to the Vanity Fair after-party – Sofia
- For the most drop-dead fashion pieces that are Descendants of the classic diamanté style – Marquis, Marquis Earrings, Marquis Ring
- For the best supporting evening accessory to wear with something Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Neve Gray Tulle
- For the best celebrity “It” bag that shows the hand of The Artist – Taj Spring
"We're ready for our close-ups, Mr. DeMille."